How you can help the community spay/neuter clinic
spay/neuter your own pet
Spaying or neutering your own pet- especially before a female pet has babies- will keep your pet healthier. It also means that your animal and his or her potential offspring won't contribute to the population of homeless and abandoned pets in our community.
Do you know someone who needs help affording spay/neuter surgery for their pets? Gift certificates for spay/neuter services are available for you to purchase. Call the Community Spay/Neuter Clinic at 413-781-4019 to order.
spread the word
Help us get the word out in the community about the services we offer and our affordable costs. Download our clinic flyer (in English or Spanish) and post it in your neighborhood laundromats, convenience stores, libraries, grocery stores, feed stores, apartment complexes, and other places animal lovers might visit.
Volunteers are a vital element of the clinic. Learn more on how you can volunteer.
get an "animal friendly" license plate
Show the world you care about animals with an "I'm Animal Friendly" Massachusetts license plate. The proceeds from these plates help Massachusetts animals receive spay or neuter surgery at reduced costs. The Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society has been a grateful recipient of the grant program.
sponsor a spay!
Our target clientele are those who may not be able to afford even our low fees. Your donation in any amount will help us provide services to those in need. Just indicate in the "comments" field that you would like your gift to go to the spay/neuter clinic.
By targeting those animals who would not otherwise be spayed or neutered, we will have the greatest impact on reducing the numbers of homeless animals in our community.
When you donate any of the following supplies, you help us reduce our costs and help many more animals in need. Or better yet, coordinate a collection drive! Enlist the help of your church, sports team, scout troop, or workplace in collecting supplies for the spay/neuter clinic:
towels & blankets
liquid laundry detergent
Zip-lock baggies (sandwich size)
copy paper (8.5 x 11, white or colored)
pet carriers (XL, L, M and S)
gift cards (Target, Walmart, Staples or any office supply or grocery store)
ink pens, other office supplies
garbage bags (13 and 55 gallon)
cardboard flats (used as disposable litter boxes)
To donate any of the above items, simply drop them off at the Community Spay/Neuter Clinic at 171 Union St., Springfield, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
You may also drop items off at either of our Dakin Adoption Centers during their normal business hours.
coordinate a fundraiser for us
Thank you for your interest in planning a fundraising event or activity on behalf of the Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society’s Community Spay/Neuter Clinic! Your time, dedication, and love for the animals are very much appreciated!
Please contact us at least four weeks before your scheduled fundraiser to allow for review and approval of your event or activity. This also will give us sufficient time to help promote the fundraiser to our supporters and list it on our website. Don't forget to ask your employer if they have a matching gift program that will match whatever funds you and/or your colleagues raise for the Community Spay/Neuter Clinic!
A barking ovation to businesses and friends who have helped Dakin by fundraising on our behalf or making in-kind donations!!
So what can YOU do? Here are a few ideas:
- Consider getting your co-workers to gather their change to donate. You could all decide to pack your lunches for a week and donate the money you would have spent eating out.
- Organize a "bring your dog to work day." A group of friends did this at their work places and charged people $10 to bring their dogs for one day. Their employers matched their donations and they raised $7,500!
- Have a bake sale at work. Make some cookies or brownies and sell them. A school sold green cupcakes and plants during Saint Patrick's Day week and made $280!
- Hold a tag sale and donate the proceeds.
- Celebrate your birthday by asking your friends and family to make a donation to the Dakin Spay/Neuter Clinic in your honor.
- Do you work in a restaurant or retail store? Donate gift certificates to the Dakin Spay/Neuter Clinic! We can use these for prizes for fundraisers.
Do you have a special skill? We are always looking for help with projects like painting, printing, marketing, photography, writing, and data entry! Put your skills to work by volunteering with Dakin.
Make a donation that we can use wherever most needed:
- $10 pays for food for caregivers to continue caring for strays
- $25 sponsors one animal's surgery which can prevent countless unwanted litters!
- $35 helps pay for gas so we can transport animals from guardians who do not have transportation or the money for surgery
- $50 allows us to provide medical care (the surgery plus flea and earmite treatment, cleaning ears, penicillin, pain medication, and a rabies shot)
- $100 rescues a cat from the streets, provides for surgery and vaccines, and allows us to place the cat in a foster home with one of our volunteers and partner groups
- $500 subsidizes the partial cost of surgeries for shelter animals done through our clinic so that shelters can save money on surgeries and vaccines and spend their money helping more animals!
Use this click and pledge button to make your secure donation today.